Click the image to go to the Influx website

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Staying Late

Today, my timetable meant that I had around 4 and a half hours in school where I was able to edit and as there was a school production that evening too I was able to stay till 10 o'clock in the evening to maximise my time in the edit suite. After spending all the time in the edit suite, including breaks I edited the whole first drop, along with the build up and transition into the next verse. I feel my time was used incredibly productive since I experimented with lots of new tools that I had never used before and came across this one tool which I'd never seen before but I had hoped to find. The spherise tool let me do this blowing up screen effect, similar to what I had seen in the club scene in the film 'Limitless' and I had brought this effect to the attention of my group early on in the project.


I showed this clip to Chris, our media technician and he thought it looked superb. He asked how I managed to do it and more particularly he was interested in how I gave the shot a vivid cyan overlay. Again I found this through experimenting with the effects and I actually achieved this by mistake. In the colour correction section, I used the RGB curves tool because I wanted to increase the amount of red, but when I dropped the reds and came across this colour I felt this actually looked a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment