Click the image to go to the Influx website

Thursday 17 November 2011

Weetabix Chocolate Spoonsize Advert 2011



I love this advert so much and when I first saw it in the adverts during the XFactor my mouth dropped in amazement. As soon as I could I went straight to YouTube and watched it again. I feel compelled to blog about this since I understand that this effect of replayability being a must-do is crucial and of vital importance in our own music video.

This is a commercial advertisement presented as a dubstep/house music video, which is relevant to my media project. There are clear examples of cutting to the beat and showing that the action and choreography of the girl, dancing teddy bears and movement of objects in the room is to the beat as well. My favourite part of the video is the drop where the camera pans, zooms out and in with the stationary objects and furniture of the room all moving in time with this slo-mo change in pace of the track. Visually, it looks incredible and its this experimenting with the camera which I can withdraw from the most in this advert and use it to my advantage in my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment