Click the image to go to the Influx website

Sunday 20 November 2011

Inspiration for my music video

The track we have selected is the Skrillex remix of Nero's 'Promises'. It is dubstep and since I am a fan of the dubstep genre I feel that I will be able to produce a high standard end product since I understand the conventions of music videos of the genre, like excessive slo-mo, fast paced action in the narrative, either the artist has a hidden identity or doesn't show themself at all and usually videos have a very urban and rough feel to them. Here are a few music videos which inspire me:



Modestep - Feel Good






Modestep - Sunlight






Example - Kickstarts (Bar9 remix)






DJ Fresh - Louder (ft. Sian Evans)






Skrillex - First of the year (Equinox)






After watching the film 'Limitless' I was stunned to see the creativity and individuality of the cinematography. There was one scene in particular which can relate to a music video. The main character is in a club and the visuals have been edited to give an effect where the screen pops out like a bass speaker. This is hopefully an effect I will be able to achieve in my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment