Click the image to go to the Influx website

Friday 16 September 2011

What my music means to me


Childhood
Sooty and Co theme - Sooty and Co.

This song for me is perhaps my most emotional. I used to love this show, I have literally hundreds of toys from the show of my favourite puppet and immediately when i hear this, nostalgia kicks in and brings me to tears. It's that song that many peopel have which reminds them of their childhood vividly and brings back all kinds of memories. Also, since I'm a sentimental guy, this song affects that bit more than many other people.

Early teens
My Humps - Black Eyed Peas

I never really listened to music until recently, but when I thought I'd give it a go this was the song going round at the time. Discovering this song and the Black Eyed Peas allowed me to begin to develop taste in popular music and from there I progressed into other genres.


Today
Blind Faith - Chase and Status feat. Liam Bailey

In recent years I have developed my music interest much more rapidly than in any period of my life. It has become clear where my interests lie and who my favourite and most inspirational artists are. I struggled deciding on this one since there are many angles I could have taken on this. Do I go with the Flux Pavillion remix of Cracks or Nero's adrenaline pumping Me and You?

I sided with this song by Chase and Status because currently it is my all time favourite song and it pretty much represents my perfect song in a nutshell. I am a massive drum and bass fan and I have taken to dubstep strongly as well, but my music taste is quite varied, in that I like slower paced and more emotional songs with deep, meaningful intentions in the lyrics. This song I believe shares all these components and overall creates an adrenaline driven song which continues to impress me both on my iPod and live at V Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment